Friday, May 22, 2009

My Hallway Adventure

The tunnel that leads to the hallway under my building at work is currently under renovation. As a result, there are hanging wires from the ceiling and scrap metal along the floor.

As I was walking through the seemingly empty hallway, I pretended to be Indiana Jones circa the "Golden Idol" scene at the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I craftily navigated my way through the obstacles in the hallway. I scooted around items on the floor and swiftly ducked under hanging wires above. Just as I managed a nearly impossible maneuver of jumping over a two by four leaning up against the wall I noticed an entire classroom of employees training in our computer lab at the end of the hallway.

Yes, they all noticed me. It was at that moment that I completed my best feat... the narrow escape of embarrassment through a trick I learned from years of being so cavalier. I shrugged my shoulders, smiled, titled my head and ran up the stairs.

Phew! That was close...

No comments: