Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Did I Feed Cat?

I received a what-I-thought-to-be SPAM email in my inbox this morning whose subject line read: Did you feed cat? from a concerned emailer, Scoh Gowj.

Dismissing it as irrelevant, I sent the message to my trash. However, the more I thought about it, the more I began to question whether or not I actually fed cat. I mean, I woke up this morning, as was tradition, to my alarm. I mechanically walked to the bathroom and, like any agent of monotony, I showered, brushed my teeth and clothed. But did I actually feed cat? I can't recall. Moving along my morning routine with the gears and sprockets of habit, I realized that I couldn't recall If I fed cat or not.

Well, obviously, I don't own a cat. That's sure as rain in May. But what if the only reason that I don't own a cat is because I did not feed said cat? I am haunted that this may be a probable scenario.

I can't help worrying; tormenting my mind over the doubt I have about feeding cat. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that I didn't feed cat. I am perturbed. I picture a sad cat out there who is horribly hungry. I picture this same cat forced into unhealthy environments and dangerous situations simply because of my recklessness and due to no fault of its own. Did I feed cat? I don't know, and I am scared!

3 comments:

Jacob said...

hahahaha, just read this again, it's too funny.

Jacob said...

DID YOU!?!

Wolffystyle said...

Now I am completely aware that I did not feed cat. My bad.